Experience Canyon de Chelly from the comfort of a private Jeep or SUV with an experienced guide.
Ground tours of Canyon de Chelly in Chinle, Arizona
Duration: 4 hours (please inquire for longer hikes).
Difficulty (longer hikes): Experienced Hikers
- 1 to 5 Hikers From
- 6 to 10 Hikers From
This hike will be filled with amazing sites to see. We know the canyon inside and out, so we are able to show you the rich archaeology, geology, culture, and history that Canyon de Chelly has to offer. We want to get to know your interests and make your experience an unforgettable one! We can recommend great trails or take your requests.
Please be mindful of the physical ability needed for lengthy hikes. Restroom facilities are only available at Ledge Ruins, Antelope House Ruins, and White House Ruins. If you would like to keep exploring, we can extend your hike for an additional fee. Pets or service dogs are not allowed on hiking tours (per the Navajo Parks and Recreation policy).
Groups of 10 hikers or more will require an additional guide.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water: we recommend at least a gallon of water.
- Water shoes: During the monsoon, water may be flowing in the canyon. We do not recommend crossing flowing stream beds barefoot in the event there are rocks or debris below the surface of the water.
- Snacks and food: restaurants can prepare sack lunches upon request.
- Sun-block: we recommend high SPF and reapplying often.
- Hat and sunglasses: as additional sun protection.
- Binoculars: general purpose binoculars will bring more of the canyon details to light.
- Toilet Paper/Napkins and Hand Sanitizing Wipes: While there are bathrooms located in the canyon, we recommend packing TP or napkins as supplies may run low. There are no hand washing stations so please bring hand sanitizing wipes.
- Cash or traveler’s cheques: You may have the opportunity to purchase jewelry, rugs, and crafts from Diné artisans as well as food and refreshments.