Experience Canyon De Chelly from the comfort of a private Jeep or SUV with an experienced guide.
Duration: 4 hours, 5 hours, 6 hours, and 7 hours
Difficulty (longer hikes): Experienced Hikers
This hike will be filled with amazing sites to see. We know the canyon inside and out, so we are able to show you the rich archeology, geology, culture, and history that Canyon De Chelly has to offer. We want to get to know your interests and make your experience an unforgettable one! We can recommend great trails or take your requests.
Please be mindful of the physical ability needed for lengthy hikes. Restroom facilities are only available at Ledge Ruins, Antelope House Ruins, and White House Ruins. If you would like to keep exploring, we will extend your hike for an additional fee. Pets are not allowed on the tour (Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation Department policy), but we offer dog and cat care services.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water: one frozen bottle can keep all of your water cool as it melts.
- Snacks and food: restaurants will prepare sack lunches upon request. Remember that the canyon is hot, so things like chocolate bars that melt are nota good choice.
- Sun-block: we recommend high SPF and reapplying often.
- Hat and sunglasses: as additional sun protection.
- Binoculars: general purpose binoculars will bring more of the canyons details to light.
- Camera: If you don’t have a camera, you can purchase disposable cameras at stores and gift shops.
- Cash or traveler’s cheques: You will have the opportunity to purchase jewelry, rugs, and crafts from Navajo craftspeople as well as concessions.