Hike the Canyon De Chelly with an experienced Diné guide to teach you about the geology, culture, and history.
Jeep or SUV Tour
A beautitiful drive through Canyon De Chelly in Chinle, Arizona
Duration: 3 hours
Ages: All Ages
- Private Jeep/SUV (1 to 3 People)
- Private Jeep/SUV (4 People)
- Private Jeep/SUV (5 to 6 People)
The Best Way to Experience the Canyon
This tour is a total distance of 24 miles on the canyon floor in a private Jeep or SUV for yourself. The tour includes Antelope House Ruin in Canyon Del Muerto and the White House Ruin in Canyon de Chelly along with many other archeological sites. You may also see Kokopelli Cave, Petroglyph Rock, First Ruin, Junction Ruin, Ceremonial Cave, Ledge Ruin.
We know the canyon inside and out, so we are able to show you the rich archeology, geology, culture, and history that Canyon De Chelly has to offer. We want to get to know your interests and make your experience an unforgettable one! We can recommend great sites or take your requests. If you would like to keep exploring, we will extend your tour for an additional fee. Restroom facilities are only available at Ledge Ruins, Antelope House Ruins, and White House Ruins. Pets are not allowed on the tour (Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation Department policy).
What to Bring
- Plenty of water: one frozen bottle can keep all of your water cool as it melts.
- Snacks and food: restaurants will prepare sack lunches upon request. Remember that the canyon is hot, so things like chocolate bars that melt are nota good choice.
- Sun-block: we recommend high SPF and reapplying often.
- Hat and sunglasses: as additional sun protection.
- Binoculars: general purpose binoculars will bring more of the canyons details to light.
- Camera: If you don’t have a camera, you can purchase disposable cameras at stores and gift shops.
- Car seats: If traveling with small children, please bring a car seat that can be secured with a seat belt. Please also bring a bag for diapers as there aren’t trash cans at every stop.
- Cash or traveler’s cheques: You will have the opportunity to purchase jewelry, rugs, and crafts from Navajo craftspeople as well as concessions.
For a Longer Tour
If you would like to request a longer tour for an extra fee, please let us know in the comments of your reservation along with your contact information so that we can contact you with more information. We are happy to accommodate your requests.