Hike the Canyon De Chelly with an experienced Navajo guide to teach you about the geology, culture, and history.
Duration: 3 hours
Ages: All Ages
- Adult (Ages 13 and up)
- Child (Ages 12 and under)
The Best Way to Experience the Canyon
This tour of the canyon floor with a public group is guided by a professional Navajo guide. On this tour, you will see many historical and archeological sites and may include Kokopelli Cave, Petroglyph Rock, First Ruin, Junction Ruin, Ceremonial Cave, Ledge Ruin, Antelope House Ruins, and the White House Ruins.
We are very familiar with all of the canyon, so we are able to show you the rich archeology, geology, culture, and history that Canyon De Chelly has to offer. We are happy to cater to cater to the requests of the group to make it an incredible experience for all our guests. Restroom facilities are only available at Ledge Ruins, Antelope House Ruins, and White House Ruins. Pets are not allowed on the tour (Navajo Nation Parks and Recreation Department policy), but we offer dog and cat care services.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water: one frozen bottle can keep all of your water cool as it melts.
- Snacks and food: restaurants will prepare sack lunches upon request. Remember that the canyon is hot, so things like chocolate bars that melt are nota good choice.
- Sun-block: we recommend high SPF and reapplying often.
- Hat and sunglasses: as additional sun protection.
- Binoculars: general purpose binoculars will bring more of the canyons details to light.
- Camera: If you don’t have a camera, you can purchase disposable cameras at stores and gift shops.
- Car seats: If traveling with small children, please bring a car seat that can be secured with a seat belt. Please also bring a bag for diapers as there aren’t trash cans at every stop.
- Cash or traveler’s cheques: You will have the opportunity to purchase jewelry, rugs, and crafts from Navajo craftspeople as well as concessions.